Florida has nearly 10 million acres of public lands. These lands include National Parks, National Wildlife Refuges, state parks and preserves, and state and locally funded conservation areas. Unfortunately, these lands are under increasing development pressure by private companies and more recently, by local governments. ELC attorneys have significant experience in advocating for sound planning and management practices in our national parks and wildlife refuges, protecting state parklands from encroaching development, and ensuring that local conservation areas remain in conservation.
- Assisted clients in helping secure stronger protections for recreational fisheries in Everglades National Park.
- Assisted clients in helping secure stronger habitat protections for the Key Deer National Wildlife Refuge.
- Advocated for the establishment of the proposed Everglades Headwaters National Wildlife Refuge.
- Challenged state attempts to “surplus” conservation lands.
- Opposed transmission lines in Everglades National Park.
[button color=”orange” size=”medium” align=”center” link=”http://evergladeslaw.org/category/resources/public-lands-resources/”][icon style=”fa fa-external-link”]Public Lands Resources[/button]